Roman Catholic Parish of
St. Theresa of the Child Jesus
Archdiocesan Shrine of St. John Paul II
OUR PAROCHIAL STAFF
Rev. Ireneusz Pierzchala, S.T.L.
Rev. Tomasz Koszałka, M. Div.
Rev. Grzegorz Dziedzic
Rev. Zachary Swantek, S.T.L.
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Sr. Magdalena Oleszkowicz, LSIC
Sr. Irena Lisowska, LSIC
Mr. Ted Osinski
Mr. Karol Kiewlak
PARISH COUNCIL PRESIDENT
Ms. Carolyn Pancurak
Mr. Marcin Pekala
Mrs. Patrycja Jarosz
Mr. Józef Zielonka
Fr. Edward S. Kozłowski was appointed pastor of a new parish, St. Theresa of the Child Jesus to serve the spiritual welfare of the Polish people of Linden. Twenty people celebrated the first Mass in 1925. Organizing several societies, Fr. Kozlowski fanned the flame of faith. Groundbreaking for a new church and school took place in 1926. The Sisters of Nazareth, who at first ran the school, were replaced on 1952 by the Felicians.
Through the early forties, St. Theresa Church experienced additional growth. By 1954 ground was once again broken for a new church, separate from the school. With many renovations and expansion through the years, blessings continued to be showered upon St. Theresa Parish, but on Thanksgiving morning 1970, a fire struck the church, leaving heavy smoke damage and requiring the new organ to be dismantled and cleaned. As the decades rolled on, further renovations and additions were made to accommodate a flourishing membership.
The Little Servant Sisters of the Immaculate Conception joined the Staff who from the beginning ministered to the school and parish. With hope and confidence and reliance on St. Theresa, the parish is looking forward to its centennial.